Are you interested in working for Homewood Public Library? Then check out the jobs available below!
PARAPROFESSIONAL II, Minimum starting salary $17.10/hour
PART-TIME 8-10 HOURS/WEEK
The Homewood Public Library seeks a creative person to oversee and develop the library Makery which houses: a Glowforge, a 3D printer, a Cricut, a Mac computer, sewing machines, a large scale printer and more. This position requires a high level of familiarity with at least one to two pieces of the equipment (Glowforge experience a plus) and some level of familiarity with the other pieces, as well as a willingness to learn and then teach others.
The successful candidate will have 1-3 years related experience. Additionally, this position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
The successful candidate will work to develop programs related to use of the equipment in the space, work with appropriate staff related to use of the equipment and/or marketing programs and trainings. This is a part-time position that reports to the Library Director while working with various departments and staff as appropriate. There is the possibility of additional hours as demand increases.
This is an AFSCME Union position. Proof of COVID vaccination or provision of weekly test result indicating negative for COVID-19 is mandatory, weekly, per the union agreement.
To be considered for this position please send your resume, a cover letter and list of references to:
Director, Homewood Public Library
Position will remain posted until a suitable qualified candidate is found.
PART-TIME MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Salary: From $19.24/hour
Part Time: Flexible hours: 2-3 days/week, 8-12 hours/week (4 hours/day), up to 12 hours/week, primarily during library operating hours, some “off hours” for various projects as needed, minimal “on call” as needed.
Position available for individual with knowledge of and experience with various building systems and general repairs, including but not limited to: HVAC/boiler, plumbing, fire systems and overall maintenance functions. Schedule is fairly flexible. Can work any combination of days/hours for up to 12/week, primarily during library operating hours, starting as early as 8 am, if necessary.
Supports the overall mission of the library by ensuring the library building is in operating order. Responsible for inside/outside maintenance and upkeep of the library building, grounds and equipment, directly or as overseer as specified below. May coordinate with outside vendors and contractors, and keep Administration apprised of all building needs, operations. Communication and coordination with library staff, including administration, maintenance and building/grounds staff, essential.
Responsibilities/Duties (to be coordinated with Administration):
- Be onsite for and help coordinate annual building, equipment and systems inspections including: backflow, electrical/generator system, HVAC/boiler, plumbing, fire alarm, sprinklers, fire extinguishers.
- Communicate the scheduled inspections and related costs/bills to Administration. Original bills, receipts and invoices must be presented to the Business Manager.
- Schedule and oversee repairs/preventative maintenance for elevator and sliding doors in building, including approving bills related to these tasks
- Coordinate and manage snow removal and grounds maintenance not covered contractually.
- Schedule and oversee repairs/preventative maintenance in the area of masonry work for building, interior and exterior lights, exterior signs, roof work, carpentry work, electrical needs, moving and/or adjusting heavy furniture.
- Schedule and oversee carpet cleaning, tile floors & windows.
- General ground maintenance in coordination with the gardener/landscaper, including but not limited to lawn mowing, shrub trimming, and minor tree trimming.
- Oversee annual installation and removal of exterior winter lights and interior winter decorations.
- Maintain maintenance equipment and tools in good repair.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma plus minimum of three to five years related skilled trades experience.
- Solid understanding of required maintenance and repairs for a public service building.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office knowledge
- Knowledge of standard building systems, equipment and tools
- Proficiency with hand tools and ability to make repairs
- Problem solving aptitude with strong organizational, customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have valid driver's license; insurance and access to a vehicle
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following:
- Ability to operate building machinery and equipment utilizing safety precautions.
- Ability to respond to internal and external customers with appropriate business etiquette.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize routine and emergency responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office products for submitting reports and e-mail for communicating.
- Commitment to a flexible work schedule including on-call emergencies.
- This is an AFSCME Union position. Proof of COVID vaccination or provision of weekly test result indicating negative for COVID-19 is mandatory, weekly, per the union agreement.
Physical demands include the ability to walk, sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, see, hear, bend, push, reach, lift (up to 75 pounds), climb ladders, stairs, shovel snow, and carry trash regularly.
Apply in person at the library:
Homewood Public Library District
17917 Dixie Highway
Homewood , IL 60430