There are a number of programs at the library that meet on a regular basis.
- Shakespeare Discussion Group -- Reading and discussion of various works of Shakespeare begins at 1 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Friday each month.
- Open Chess and Scrabble -- From noon to 4 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month, the library hosts an open chess and scrabble competition for players of all ages and abilities. Get your game boards at the Youth Services desk and find a comfy place to play.
- Open Knitting -- Sally Wolford leads these sessions for knitters with all levels of expertise. Join them at 7 p.m. the 2nd Monday each month.
- Card Making 101 -- A new theme and technique is introduced each month at a cost of $7 per class, which includes all supplies. Sign up and payment are accepted up until the day before the class at the Library Services Desk.
- Homewood Historical Society -- Partnering with the Library, the Historical Society presents programs each month except June, July, and August. Meetings are free, open to the public, and begin at 7 p.m.
- Travel Video -- Join us at 10:30 a.m. the 3rd Tuesday each month for travel videos to various locations around the globe.
- Lunch and a Movie -- Also on the 3rd Tuesday each month, pack your lunch and join us at noon for a movie. Light snacks and a beverage are provided.
- Lyric Opera Preview -- From September through February, join us on various Sunday afternoons to preview the upcoming musical selection.
For further information about any of these programs, please check the current issue of Highlights, or call us at 708-798-0121 ext. 216.