Homework Help For Kids
You can use most of these eResources outside the library. Log in with your Homewood Library bar code number.
Please call us at 708-798-0121 x 222 for help choosing or using these tools.
Discover the world with cultural and statistical snapshots of every country recognized by the United Nations -- from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. Local experts document the unique, intimate details of each country's customs, traditions and daily life. Includes photos, videos, interviews, famous people, recipes, flags, graphs and tables and more.
World Book Early World of Learning consists has three sections for PreK to 2nd grade students.
- Trek’s Travels offers narrated stories, interactive games, and original videos that teach early childhood themes, including numbers, shapes, colors, opposites, and more.
- Welcome to Reading develops and strengthens phonics, vocabulary, phonemic awareness, and comprehension skills.
- Know It offers a richly visual first encyclopedia.
Includes two encyclopedias:
Compton’s Encyclopedia for middle school students and Elementary
Encyclopedia for elementary students as well as a dictionary. The
Student Center includes an atlas, timelines, video clips, biographies,
study skills and much more.
[Note: to use Britannica Online for Kids outside the library use this link and your Library barcode number.]
Kids Search makes it easy for students to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results. Results can be easily sorted by source type - -magazines, reference books, photos, flags, etc. Kids Search is designed especially for youth in grades K-8.
Digital library ebooks and audio books to download for your mobile device or computer.
A version of NoveList Plus designed especially to help
elementary and middle school students select fiction and nonfiction
titles for school-related or pleasure reading.
Let show you how.
Colorful and easy-to-use for elementary and middle school students, Searchasaurus provides access to magazine articles, pictures, encyclopedias, and a dictionary through an animated interface with a dinosaur theme.
Let show you how.
Student Research Center makes it easy for students to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results. Results can be easily sorted by source type—magazines, newspapers, biographies, primary source documents, transcripts, photos, flags, etc.
Transparent Language Online incorporates Byki, Before You Know It. Over 70 languages are available, from Afrikaans to Zulu. Register with your Homewood barcode number. You'll then create a user name and password to use each time you log in so you can pick up where you left off.
Quick and easy access to all the World Book products, browse using World Book Web.
You will also find these products through World Book Web:
- Timelines to view or create historical timelines
- Early World of Learning for younger children
- For Kids for young readers
- Info Finder for grade school and middle school
- Reference Center for older teens and adults
- Discover for middle school and older
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos, the Spanish World Book Encyclopedia