Our Objective and Vision
The objective of the Homewood Public Library District is to meet the informational, educational and recreational needs of all members of the community.
The Library recognizes that its purpose is to contribute toward an individual's social and intellectual development and the removal of ignorance, intolerance, and indifference. Service is provided on a fair and equitable basis to all individuals and groups within the library district.
The Library continually assesses its community and responds to the changing needs of its patrons.
The Library aspires to enrich and enhance the lives of our patrons and community.
- Provide continuously evolving service that responds to patrons' changing needs.
- Provide access to information, literature and the arts that supports life-long learning, discovery and cultural enjoyment.
- Provide quality customer service with a well-trained, friendly, competent staff.
- Provide a stimulating, pleasing and welcoming space for patrons to meet, discuss and debate.
- Provide cultural, educational and recreational programs which inspire and entertain.
- Provide a contribution to the library community by supporting area schools and organizations and participating in village events.